Saturday, April 23, 2011

Perfectly Imperfect


Look to the future and learn from the past!

As I finished my first blog post I thought going thru all the details of the past 7 years maybe a little to painful and tedious. I will try and touch on some of the major struggles my boys have gone thru, but I don’t think starting from the beginning is the way for me to go with this blog. It’s about living in the moment of today. So after 7 years of ups and downs I finally feel that we are in a wonderful place. I found a wonderful place of love and most of all ACCEPTANCE. This one word has become my motto over the last year. Acceptance, isn’t it a beautiful word? I would love to get that tattooed somewhere on my body, maybe my forehead??? Yes, Logan is Autistic…..and? He absolutely rocks! He is absolutely the coolest kid ever with one exception; my Carter Bug. He was blessed with the gift of Cerebral Palsy. My friend Mollie showed me a video of a woman who survived an abortion and she called her Cerebral Palsy her gift from God. When I watched this video something clicked in me, YES Carter also has this gift. Carter is an amazing child who we have had the most medical problems with. He only had a 30% chance of living and I can remember some family members telling me I should just go ahead and let him go. I pulled up my big girl panties and have been fighting for him ever since. We find the best doctors in the country, the best therapist, etc. If we are faced with a problem we will fight to the bitter end. My boys came into this world weighing 1lb 13ozs. If they can beat those odds, we got this thing in tha bag!!! Carter is strong as an ox and is stubborn (he gets this from his father, lol). He is my warrior! I am truly blessed and honored to be the mother of my perfectly imperfect twins. “Different but not less”

1 comment:

  1. "like" x 1,000
    Go Carter Go!
    ...and of course that amazing Logan...
    Your boys are fabulous and I hope I get the joy of meeting them one day!

    ReplyDelete