Friday, April 22, 2011

Oh 2 BABIES!


Oh where to begin? My friend, Mollie encouraged me to start a blog because it may help other mothers/families who may face similar situations as mine. And I say "situations" because WOW do I have a lot of ground to cover.....well here goes nothing.

It all started when a man fell in love with a woman, lol....we created a beautiful life together and decided to have "a" baby. Little to our surprise our first visit to the doctor he said "oh it's 2 babies" - I said "What are you talking about?" He said "twins" you are having twins. Lee and I looked at each other & both our eyes filled with tears. We were utterly terrified. I was just getting used to the idea of having one baby, but now I'm having two??? EEK! I was so scared and so I did what any good woman would. I read tons of books on "parenting twins". This really makes me laugh now because no book in the universe could've prepared me for what was about to happen.

So fast forward 6 months.....I started having pains in my stomach- I was 25 weeks pregnant. Heck I didn't know what was going on; I thought maybe a pregnancy pain of some sort, so I ignored it for a day. Monday I went to the doctor and he said "you are going in the hospital" they got a wheelchair from down the hall and wheeled me over to the hospital stat. I couldn't even get my car or call anyone. I knew this was serious and immediately started crying hysterically. Everyone in the doctor's office waiting room was starring at me, but I didn't care. I was terrified and wanted my babies to be ok. I wanted to rewind my pregnancy and redo everything. I think I will end here and continue more later!


3 comments:

  1. I am so excited you are now "a blogger"!
    You drank the "cool"-aide ;)
    Cannot wait to read your story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toni, I must tell you I read these posts through tears. WOW! What an amazing young lady you are! Having known you all of your life, I know you have always exhibited courage and determination, but how could anybody know God was preparing you for this role as mother of two wonderful little
    special boys.Carter and Logan are truly blessed to have you and Lee as parents. Your gift of writing and willingness to share your personal trials and victories will be such a blessing to many people....some who may be facing similar struggles. I am so proud of you...and will be looking forward to reading each entry. And...I know some parents who are very proud of their "baby." Love you, (JJ)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your boys are precious....Thanks for joining my blog. I too began blogging due to friends and family wanting me to tell our story. I agree that your boys are perfect. I know they light up your life...Betsy

    ReplyDelete