Monday, April 25, 2011

Be Jealous of Me


Over the years I always would think WHY ME! I would go to my nieces and nephews birthday parties and truly be jealous of their children and how they had such a “normal” and typical life. It took me a really long time to realize “they should totally be jealous of me”. I am the one who is blessed. We have our struggles with potty training, eating, walking, communicating, and most of all behaviors, but really I am the one everyone should be jealous of, right? How come nobody sees this? Why do people look at me and think, “oh I don’t know how she does it”, “those poor babies”. You know what? My boys are happy, loving and my pride and joy. I beg you…do not feel sorry for me! (Or anyone for that fact) Try to understand where people have come from and situations they have been faced with and just try and understand. Don’t judge or assume.

3 comments:

  1. I love this pic. They've grown so much since then. And I know what you mean (sort of). People used to tell us "I just hate that yall had to go through that." But you know, if it wasn't for my brother's heart condition, we wouldn't be this close. We really appreciate every second we have with each other, because we came so close to losing him, several times. We learned what it meant to pull together and be strong. I'm not sorry we went through that. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't easy. We sure didn't enjoy watching Josh struggle, but we wouldn't be who we are if we didn't experience that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot say this enough, but I HATE it when I tell someone Lennon has Down Syndrome, they say "Oh I am so sorry."
    Makes me wanna cuss a blue streak.
    I would not trade her for a "normal" kid to save my life... sicknesses, hospital visits, or not... she is PERFECT.... and you are right, WE are the lucky ones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this!!! Your babies are as "normal" and "abnormal" as mine T yet mine have not been diagnosed other than dyslexia and ADD. I love my Logan man!! He has it together just as much as any kid I know!! Carter, well....he keeps to himself and likes what he likes. It is what it is. I don't pitty you! God doesn't give you more than you can handle! Love them up, as I know you do!! HE only let's us share them for a very short period!! Make every moment count!! You are an AWESOME mom!! That's why HE is sharing my Logan man and sweet Carter with you!!! XOX

    ReplyDelete