Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Fairy Godmother


We have a fairy godmother. Her name is Bonnie and she is the most amazing woman you will every meet. She has given me more than I could imagine. Most of all she has given the gift of sanity. Without her I know I would not be finishing my Bachelor’s Degree and pursuing my Master’s Degree in the fall. We met Bonnie about 3 or 4 years ago when the boys where in Pre-K. She was the aide in their classroom. Since that time she has become a part of the family. She is always here when I need her. If I need sometime to myself to study or just time to myself all I have to do is ask. She is always willing to go above and beyond for my boys. She is like their 2nd mom. I shutter at the thought of life without her. The boys absolutely adore her and feel completely safe with her. That gives Lee and me so much comfort and solace. Knowing that I can just pick up the phone and call her if I ever needed anything is HUGE when you have children with special needs. God brought her into our lives for a reason and I am embracing it and NEVER letting her go! She is now an official member of the family and if I could adopt her I would, lol. She has a special gift with children in general, but especially with children with special needs. She loves them as if they were her own and I could not ask for anything more.

One night had a stomach bug and Lee was out of town working. I was making my way back to the bed from being sick and I passed out and hit the bed. I thought I broke my foot. As I lay there on the floor, I thought I could call Bonnie and she would come take care of the boys and me. She was the first person I thought of and I know that she would’ve immediately gotten in her car and drove over. I made my way to the bed and decided not to call her, but I knew if and whenever I need her she would be there. Thank you so much Bonnie I cannot articulate to you enough how much you mean to us! We LOVE u!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I'm crying rivers. I love yall so much, Toni! Yall really are family to me. Your boys have taught me so much about unconditional love, patience, and true happiness. Most of all, they've helped me discover exactly what the Lord has called me to do with my life. I always knew I'd work with kids, but your boys have shown me my true passion: special needs. I like to call them "my" boys because even though they aren't mine, I sure love them as if they were. You and Lee are truely blessed to have such awesome boys, including Dylan. He loves his brothers to the moon and back! And you are so right, I really would have hopped in my car and came right over to help you. ANYTIME! I'm just a phone call away. That's what families do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know Bonnie, but not in the way you do, and she has a heart of gold. She is beautiful inside and out. You are so blessed :)

    Now... I need to find me a "Bonnie"! ha! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taryn you will find your Bonnie! And you will be so excited to have some sanity back! hugs

    ReplyDelete