Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mother's Day


As we approach Mother's Day tomorrow, I have started noticing people on facebook updating their statuses stating their children, when they were born, and how much they weighed. It's really hard to wrap your arms around how much 1lb 13ozs weighs, but one time I was in one of those sports stores and I saw this tiny little weight and I thought who would work out with this? (a child?) I picked it up and I thought this wouldn't help anyone it's so light then I looked at the bottom of it and it said 2lbs. This is the point I realized OH MY GOSH. My babies weighed less than this???? It scared me to think actually they were smaller than this tiny thing. Then I got to thinking about bags of rice, those come in 2lb bags as well- I found myself on the hunt for something that weighed around 2lbs. I know it sounds silly, but the more I would do this the more grateful I was for my twins and how much they have gone through- they are God's amazing children that he gave to me; He trusted me; He loved me enough to give me these precious babies because He knows I am capable and will do everything in my power to secure their future to the best of my abilities. Sometimes I falter and wonder can I do this? or why couldn't my boys just have been born on time? But then I think of that Garth Brooks song, "Unanswered Prayers". God knows what he is doing you just need to accept it and embrace it and figure out your purpose in life.

Also, I have been thinking of my mother and how wonderful she is. She is always here when and if I need her. Moving across the street from them was the BEST choice I ever made. Just knowing that her and my dad are over there gives me peace. My mother is so kind-hearted and would do anything for anyone especially her kids and grandkids. I like to think I am her favorite, but I'm sure my sister and brother think the same thing. (but I know it's me, lol) It's kinda funny because my mom always tells me that when she keeps my kids they are the "easiest" of all of her grandkids. Isn't that interesting??? I guess "typical" can get on your nerves with all that talking, lol (don't have to worry about that with mine, haha)


1 comment:

  1. What a blessing to live across from your mom!

    Funny... i have a 20 pound bag of rice and i put it on my hip the other day because that is what Lennon weighs.

    ReplyDelete